Saturday, July 2, 2011

Red Spotted Oberoni

"Oberoni! Oberoni! How are you, what is your name?" Oberoni is the endearing term for white person. There is no racist connotation with it. I hear it a good 300X a day from the children. Lately however it seems that I am getting more red than white. No-see-ems are constantly biting me no matter how much I put bug spray on. My arms and legs look like they have gone to war. Luckily we are all experiencing the madness so there is no judgment.

Tomorrow I will be celebrating the 4th of July because on the 4th we have classes. I am sooooooo excited to cook. On the menu will be: chicken, guac with plantain chips, corn on the cob, apple pie, grilled pineapple, banana cooked in butter and sugar, coleslaw, boxed wine, gin and punch and a lot of beer. We are going to my friends house because her homestay owns a spot(bar).We have all been spending our free time planning this event. I hope all yours holidays are as fun as mine will be.

The mailing address for my permanent site is:
PCV Hannah Braun
P.O. Box 523
Wa, Upper West Reg.
Ghana, West Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment